European Liver Patients' Association is looking for a Fundraising Manager, who will join our team in Brussels and help in advocating for better conditions for liver patients across Europe.
European Liver Patients' Association aims to promote the interests of people with liver disease and in particular: to highlight the size of the problem; to promote awareness and prevention; to address the low profile of liver disease as compared to other areas of medicine such as heart disease; to share experience of successful initiatives; to work with professional bodies such as EASL and with the EU to ensure that treatment and care are harmonized across Europe to the highest standards.
Key success indicators:
The Fundraising Manager will: produce effective fundraising programmes in line with organization's strategy and work plan; form and keep good relations with the team and the sponsors; timely execute all the tasks and activities.
- Develop organizations' comprehensive fundraising programme.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increase existing contributions (including EU grants).
- Oversee ELPA’s fundraising activities and assist ELPA’s President or person appointed by the President, with all matters relating to the funding of the organisation, including the preparations of negotiation meetings, management of application processes, attending all related meetings, etc.
- Create and update donor databases.
- Establish fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods.
- Identify and build relationships with fund providers.
- Explore procedures of application for each fund provider and prepare all necessary documents (request letters, application forms, drafts, reports etc.)
- Produce reports and ensure that all legal reporting requirements towards fund providers are satisfied.
- Work with the colleagues from communications department.
The ideal candidate will be degree-level educated and will have a minimum of 2-3 year experience with working on the position of Fundraising Manager, or similar. Preferably the candidate has in the past already worked with pharmaceutical industry and has an extensive knowledge of the healthcare sector. Person would also have to have strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills and sharpened attention to detail.
The position reports to the President of ELPA or person appointed by the President.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating reference "Fundraising Manager PO2018" clearly in the subject header.
All applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com no later than 18th of February 2018.